Directors & Officers Liability
Provides financial protection for the directors and officers of your company in the event that they suffer such losses as a result of a lawsuit for alleged wrongful acts while acting in their capacity as Directors and Officers for the Organization
Any business that manufactures products.
Businesses that do not manufacture products but who sell products can also consider this cover. In this case, the supplier is held accountable for damages caused by the product, their insurance will immediately pay the claimant, but will attempt to recover the amount from the manufacturer.
Almost all businesses need this coverage. Any business can potentially cause injury to third parties or damage third party property. All businesses are bound by a duty of care for their clients, suppliers, distributors, neighbors & the environment.
Work Away Liability
It is prudent for every company who is involved in repairs or maintenance to extend their general liability to include this cover
Anyone who repairs, maintains, works on assets that does not belong to them needs this cover.
Anyone who offers services or advise are legally require to have this cover in place.
This cover is aimed at providing protection against financial loss resulting from a legal liability to a Third Party
Covers a business for damages for the death or bodily injury/ illness to any person employed under a contract of services or apprenticeship. Even though the COID Act ( The Compensation for Occupational Injuries & Diseases Act) has eliminated the common law right of an employee to sue his employer for injury/ diseases that occur in the work place, it does not mean that there is no chance of an employer being sued. For Example, the following instances will not be covered:
• No cover for any worker employed outside RSA for a period longer than 12 Months
• No cover for an employee normally employed outside of RSA and has an accident while temporarily working within RSA
• No cover if an employee refuses or wilfully neglects medical treatment
• COID only covers accident/ diseases. If an employee is injured due to the misconduct of another employee COID might not respond
Employment Practice Liability
Covers an employer’s legal expenses and the awards made against it by the CCMA, Bargaining Councils and Labour Court for unfair labour practices such as unfair dismissal, sexual harassment, discrimination and failure to employ
Covers organizations against risks arising out of operating a computer network. In addition to this:
• It covers liability arising from online publishing (such as a website) as well as from traditional media (such as brochures)
• There is an option which provides professional indemnity cover appropriate to companies which participate in developing software and other technology
• If not only covers the clients’ liabilities, it also provides a form of specialized business interruption cover which covers the clients’ loss of income arising out of computer downtime